Join the Maryland Assembly on School-Based Health Care for its annual conference, School-Based Health Centers: Connecting with Students, Families and Communities.
This year’s conference is presented virtually with both live and on-demand sessions. Opening session and keynotes begin May 17, 2021 at 1pm. Ten on-demand workshops will be available from May 18- June 7, 2021. Closing session and keynotes will take place May 21, 2021 at 1pm.We will be exploring the many different avenues school-based health practitioners can take to connect with students and families as students and school communities adjust to a new normal.
We are honored to feature for distinguished keynote speakers at this year’s event:
- Michele Gay, M.Ed. Co-Founder and Executive Director of Safe and Sound Schools;
- Veda Johnson, MD, FAAP, Professor of Pediatrics, Emory University
- Amy Arnold, MS, CHES, HC, Director of Workforce Health Consulting, Kaiser Permanente.
- Rupali Limaye, PhD., MPH, MA, Professor, Bloomberg School of Public Health
In addition to the keynote speakers, this virtual conference will feature workshops with experts on a wide range of topics. Registration information and a detailed agenda will be available on the Conference Website and MASBHC’s website, but workshops include:
- Safe Schools,
- MIS-C and Cardiac Complications Post COVID,
- Telehealth in SBHCs,
- Trauma Informed Care,
- Supporting Students Transition to In-Person School,
- Pediatric Obesity Management,
- Adolescent Health Care and,
- Vaccine Hesitancy.
The conference program format includes:
- Live sessions on Monday, 5/17 and Friday, 5/21 afternoons,
- Live sessions include keynote presentations and a “chat with the speakers,”
- Ten on-demand workshops from 5/18 to 6/7,
- Opportunities to meet others involved in school-based health care, virtually,
- Sponsor and vendor presentations,
Registration rates are $75/person, $95 with CEUs. As of May 14, 2021, the registration rate will go up to $100/person, $125 with CEUs. We have a limited number of student tickets available for $50 and $70 with CEUs per ticket (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on student rates).
If your organization is interested in sponsoring this important event, please email us at email@example.com.