The Maryland Assembly is an advocacy organization that promotes school-based health care as a means to advance the belief that all Maryland children and youth have a basic fundamental right to access and receive comprehensive, quality health care.
School-based health care represents an essential strategy toward improving the lives of Maryland’s children and their families and optimizing their ability to become contributing members of society. School-based health care is addresses the unique needs of children and youth and increases access to medical, mental, dental and/or other health related services.
MASBHC biggest initiatives include our participation in Hallways to Health through the School Based Health Alliance, our Annual Conference, and our Advocacy Work.
2019 Annual Conference
- Sleep Issues in Children
- Engaging Adolescents: Assessing Risk and Resilience
- Childhood Obesity/Nutrition
- Asthma Management Update
- Suicide Prevention Strategies
- Care Coordination, Connecting Managed Care Organizations
- Motivational Interviewing
- Innovations in School Based Health Care