2019 Conference Presentations are now available online!
MASBHC’s 2019 Annual Conference, Building Bridges to Support Successful Students, was held on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at The Meeting House in Columbia, Maryland.
MASBHC was honored to welcome Dr. Jess Shatkin, a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist from NYU Langone Medical Center and the author of many books, journal articles on child and adolescent mental health and pediatric sleep. Dr. Shatkin’s keynote focused on risky behaviors and his workshop presentation was on pediatric sleep issues.
A second keynote included a panel discussion on Population Health and School Based Health Centers in Maryland led by Dr. Cheryl Duncan DePinto, Director of the Office of Population Health Improvement, Maryland Department of Health.
The conference also featured eight workshops on timely issues impacting school-based health care:
- Sleep Issues in Children
- Engaging Adolescents: Assessing Risk and Resilience
- Childhood Obesity/Nutrition
- Asthma Management Update
- Suicide Prevention Strategies
- Care Coordination, Connecting Managed Care Organizations
- Motivational Interviewing
- Innovations in School Based Health Care