Maryland Assembly on School Based Health Care’s 2018 Annual Conference, School Health + Supportive Networks = Thriving Networks, will be held on Thursday May 17th, 2018 at The Meeting House in Columbia, MD.
We are honored to welcome Dr. Christopher Renjilian as our 2018 Keynote Speaker. Dr. Renjilian is a pediatrician specializing in Adolescent Medicine and Sports Medicine at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). His clinical practice ranges from hospital medicine to adolescent-centered primary care and office-based consultation for youth with sports-related injuries or for teens with complex medical or behavioral concerns. Dr. Renjilian has also served extensively at Covenant House Pennsylvania, an agency that serves Philadelphia’s homeless and marginalized youth. His particular area of interest lies in the intersection of sports medicine and adolescent health, with a focus on promoting positive youth development through sports, recreation, and play.
For the past decade, Dr. Renjilian has studied under the mentorship of Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg, M.D., a national and international leader in youth resilience, to gain expertise in the integration of positive youth development, resilience-building strategies, and trauma-informed practices.
Registration and CEU Information
Early Bird Registration will be open until May 1st at $85/person. After May 1st, the registration rate will go up to $95. There is a team discount of 10% for organizations that would like to send 5 or more individuals. See the “Group Discount: Early Bird” ticket. You will have to enter information for each conference attendee when you register under the group discount rate (i.e. their contact information, email, and their Breakout Session selections).
This activity has been submitted to the Maryland Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Maryland Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Social Work CEU”s will also be offered.
8:15-8:45 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45-9 am: Welcome and Greetings
9-10 am: Keynote Presentation
- Practical Resilience: The Power of Caring adults to Recognize and Build Strengths in Young People – Dr. Christopher Renjilian
10-10:30 am: Break and Vendor Exhibit
10:30-11:45 am: Breakout Session A (Choose One)
- Recreation, Sports, and Positive Youth Development
- Sexual Health and Adolescents: How to Create Youth Friendly Clinics
- Mindfulness: A Non-Therapeautic Approach to Wellbeing
11:45 – 1pm: Lunch
1:00 – 2:15pm: Breakout Session B (Choose One)
- Sexual Health and Adolescents: Call to Action: Addressing the High Rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections in Maryland Youth
- Opioid Addiction: A National Crisis
- Embracing our LGBTQ Students: Sexuality and Gender in Promoting Social and Emotional Wellbeing
2:15 – 2:30pm: Break
2:30 – 3:45 pm: Breakout Session C (Choose One)
- Understanding the Impact of Trauma and Moving Toward Implementation of A Trauma Informed Approach
- Got Transition: Readying The Adolescent Patient for Adult Care
- Talking Tech! Using RAAPS to Identify Adolescent Risk and Support Positive Change
3:45 – 4:00 pm: Evaluation & Closing